RFH Feedthrough Hats
Thermionics' RFH Feedthrough Hats deliver an entire utility package axially through a probe support tube as assembly to the sample head.
- Rotary and/or linear motion for goniometer actuation
- Electrical power for sample heaters
- Thermocouple for temperature measurement
- Sample biasing for processing
- Water cooling for gearbox cooling
- LN2 cooling for sample cooling
Polar rotation of the sample is a fundamental requirement of most goniometers and precision gearboxes. When using base flange utility delivery, polar rotation causes utility lines to flex and abrade against one another in vacuum. Flexing can cause line failure and abrasion can cause particle contamination. To avoid these potential risks an axial utility delivery system can be used.
The RFH series feedthrough hats are available on 2.75", 4.5" and 6" O.D. base flanges. Top flanges are either 2.75" or 1.33" O.D. flanges. The utility delivery ports are "crowned" to improve access, ease installation, and avoid kinking of utility lines.
Re-entrant seals are available for single LN2 systems.
These assemblies are supplied without blank-off flanges.
Ordering Information--Feedthrough Hat Assemblies
|Top Flange to
/ST-0.75 Custom Support Probe Tube
- 0.75" O.D. stainless steel construction
- End bearing support for rotary shaft
- Length specified by customer
/PP Parallel Mini-Port
- Allows hat assembly to rotate with minimum effective radius
- Cannot be used with high voltage connectors or WOA feedthroughs
- Extends tubulations and installs elbows under each mini-port flange
- Aligns mini-port polar axis parallel to mounting flange axis
/PPE Extended Parallel Mini-Port
- Same as /PP except:
- Allows for high voltage connectors and WOA feedthroughs
A standard axial utility delivery assembly consists of the following components:
- Utility Porting: The RFH series feedthrough hat provides utility porting for utility-intensive probe assemblies.
- Probe Support Tube Delivery Channel: Mounted to the top hat and attached to the sample head. Probes are typically a minimum of 0.75" and at least 1.5" O.D. when heating and LN2 utilities are required.
- Large diameter probe support tubes add substantial stability to the sample head. Additional bearing support can be added to the probe at the base flange of linear translators and FM style compound manipulators.
- Sample Head: Any goniometer or precision gearbox with related sample heating and cooling or other sample environmental conditioning.
- Polar Rotation: The RNN series differentially pumped rotary seals provide 360° polar rotation.
Call or email with your requirements and for current pricing.
800.962.2310 / email@example.com