RCR Series 3 kW Multiple Crucible Rotary e-Guns™
The new Thermionics research capacity series, 3 kW multiple-crucible rotary e-Guns™, provides enhanced beam stability and efficient XY sweep with full crucible coverage with automatic positioning available with the auto-indexer, sold separately.
- True XY sweep with full crucible coverage
- Sweep coils included with source
- Enhanced beam collimation
- Plug-in emitter module
- Enhanced high-stability cooling
- Cross-contamination shielding
- Rugged design
- Optional auto-indexer
The operating principle of the multiple crucible e-Gun is identical to the single crucible source with the following advantages:
- Large supply of evaporant—When every crucible is filled with the same source material, an increased volume of evaporant can be evaporated in a single vacuum cycle.
- Deposition of up to eight different materials in one vacuum cycle—A different material can be put in each crucible and deposited in any sequence during a single vacuum cycle. The deposition rates are the same as those of the single crucible model. Only one crucible is heated at a time. The single filament remains stationary and the crucible head is indexed into position by the drive handle. Therefore, the evaporation always originates from exactly the same position in the vacuum chamber. The inactive crucibles are shielded from the heated crucibles by the magnetic pole pieces, thereby eliminating contamination between crucibles.
High Vacuum Compatible
Metal and elastomer seals, measured base pressure: 2 x 10-9 Torr.
The main crucible wheel can be removed from the top of the source without total source disassembly. This flexibility allows field upgrades.
All multiple crucible e-Guns can be mounted on larger diameter ConFlat or rectangular PyraFlat flanges, single or back-to-back.
|Operating Pressure||Below 5 x 10-5 Torr is desirable for best operation|
|Beam Voltage||4,000 V|
|Beam Current||0–750 mA continuously variable|
|Maximum Power||3,000 W|
|Cooling Water||1.5 gpm|
|Maximum Bakeout Temperature||120°C (150°F)|
|Crucible Volume||2.24 cc x 4, 6, or 8 crucibles|
Each e-Gun™ is available in three standard mounting configurations:
- e-Gun™ mounted on a PyraFlat or ConFlat metal-seal type flange, which uses a standard OFE copper gasket
- e-Gun™ with a 1" diameter bolt-type mount, which mounts through a 1" diameter hole, and is sealed by a compression O-ring
- e-Gun™ alone with no mounting flange
Please specify the mounting configuration at the time the order is placed; the costs may not include the bolt-type or flange-type mount.
Other mounting flanges, configurations and geometries are routinely supplied, please call the factory for further information.
NOTE: SD denotes side drive, BD denotes bottom drive
Call or email with your requirements and for current pricing.
800.962.2310 / firstname.lastname@example.org