RCRF Series 3 kW Rod-Fed e-Gun
The 3 kW RCRF Series rod-fed e-Gun uses evaporant source material in the form of a rod up to 3/8" in diameter, which is fed continuously into the crucible using an external linear feedthrough. Film thickness may be controlled using a rate monitor and are available mounted on various flanges.
Metal-sealed, fully UHV compatible, measured base pressure: 2 x 10-11 Torr.
Mounting and Configurations
- The 3 kW rod-fed e-Gun may be mounted and operated in any orientation, including upside down (which is material dependent)
- The rod-fed e-Gun shown in the photo can fit through a 2.5" O.D. tube
- An optional cryoshroud to surround the e-Gun is available
- Multiple rod-fed e-Guns can be mounted side-by-side
- Custom designs are available, please consult the factory
Knudsen Cell Replacement
e-Guns can evaporate difficult materials, ie.: carbon, niobium, and silicon.
A rod-fed e-Gun, complete with all the necessary utility and mechanical feedthroughs, installed on a 4.5" O.D. ConFlat mounting flange, is available as a direct replacement for existing Knudsen cell furnaces on Varian/Intevac, Perkin-Elmer, Riber, EPI and VG systems.
Please call to discuss your specific application requirements.
|Operating Pressure||Below 5 x 10-5 Torr is desirable for best operation; fully UHV compatible design|
|Beam Voltage||4,000 V|
|Beam Current||0–750 mA
|Maximum Power||3 kW @ 4 kV|
|Cooling Water||1/2 gpm|
|Two 7 kV 50 A|
|Crucible Volume||1/4" or 3/8" diameter rod|
|e-Gun Size||2.25" diameter x 2.95" L|
Each e-Gun is available in three standard mounting configurations:
- e-Gun mounted on a PyraFlat or ConFlat metal-seal type flange, which uses a standard OFE copper gasket
- e-Gun with a 1" diameter bolt-type mount, which mounts through a 1" diameter hole, and is sealed by a compression O-ring
- e-Gun alone with no mounting flange
Please specify the mounting configuration at the time the order is placed; the costs may not include the bolt-type or flange-type mount.
Other mounting flanges, configurations and geometries are routinely supplied, please call the factory for further information.
|RCRF0325||Rod-fed e-Gun only|
|RCRF0325/SK||Rod-fed e-Gun with all utility, electrical and mechanical feedthroughs|
Call or email with your requirements and for current pricing.
800.962.2310 / email@example.com