SST TIG Welder Job Duties
Produces weldment parts by interpreting engineering documents and drawings, setting up tooling and fixturing, and operating a manual TIG welding machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- MUST HAVE PRIOR WELDING EXPERIENCE!
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or engineering drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
- TIG weld steel, aluminum and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings.
- Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Create and set up welding fixturing for serial production runs and one-off custom weldments.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets internal and customer quality standards.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Provide superior attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 60 pounds), or using a hoist.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above. Knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds occasionally required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to identify and measure material.
- Ability to produce quality products consistently.
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as demonstrate a dependable work ethic.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
- Knowledge of shop math and the triangle.
Vacuum Furnace Brazing Job Duties
Brazing is a metal-joining process where two metals are joined by melting and flowing a filler metal into the joint. Must know induction and Vacuum Furnace Brazing.
- Prep Inserts to be brazed in a Vacuum Furnaces.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to improve quality and reduce scrap.
- Inspect inserts for both dimensional and visual defects.
- Clean inserts after brazing including the removal of extra braze.
- High level of analytical ability.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
- High level of team working skills.
- Experience with precision measuring equipment.
- Experience with reading and following instructions from CAD drawings.
- Welding, brazing or soldering experience is a plus.
Preference given to Candidates with:
- High vacuum (UHV) fabrication experience.
- Superior English language skills –both spoken and written.
- Recognized welding certifications, Associates degree from a technical college.
High school diploma, GED or completed or pursuing a degree or certificate course in related field
- Hayward, CA
- Standard Full-Time – 9:00AM to 5:30PM